Friday, May 28, 2010

KIDNAP


Well, I say. Out of no where I was caught by the devil. MY father Pap took me for a wicked ride bout three miles down this river up on a skiff, then we a crossed over to the Illinois shore where there was no one but some deer and some squirrels. Pap brought me to this hut, and I mean hut, there wasn't a floor in the damn thing. Well, there wasn't much of a chance running away, Pap had a gun and always kept close to me, and on the other hand, he always locked the door shut. It was scary in that hut. Pap got drunk one night and he'd chase me round the place with a knife! Two months rolled away and my clothes started to get ratty. After fishing and a laying around, I didn't wanta come back to the Widow's place. Well, there came one day of figuriously looking for any tool to get out that hut, I stumbled upon an old rusted wood saw. Boy I was all excited. I waited till Pap was agone. I started cutting this section on the wall. When Pap came close to the cabin, I lay this cloth down over the place I was cuttin, and blew the dust away. Well, that day had come, and I crawled out the small hole I cut. I took the canoe and food supplies along with the gun. I headed down the river for what seemed like hours. Then I see this island, and I explored it a bit. By and by, I see this camp fire that was kicked out and still warm. I heard this noise right behind me and by god. It was Jim! I says, "it's me Jim, Huck!" Jim was on his knees praying like a was some type of ghost.

No comments:

Post a Comment