Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Widow


Well I says, don't really like living with Widow Douglas. She's trying to make my a civilized boy and a I don't lika one bit. I like adventurous times with friends and id have to say, even by myself too. The old "Widow" we shall call her makes me read the bible and dress up for school. And it's that's the other thing too. It's school that I don't even want ta mess with. Just sitt'n there all day twiddling my thumbs and feet. I just don't like it one bit. But I do it for the Widow I guess. But there's one good thing bout living here is the widow's nigger. His name's Jim and he's mighty good to me and any one that speaks to him. He goes bout the dishes and cleaning the house. Any ways, one night I was in my room and I hear some noise. Well I snuck out the house tracking foot prints with to what looked like a cross in the tracks. I say it's for keeping the devil way from you. Well I was a thinking to my self, with some shivers of course, it's my father. I come a running swiftly like a mouse we should say. I go to my room close the door and saw about my eye's. My father sitting there on the rocker. Old ratty clothes and all. The first words out his mouth was, “where you put that the money Huck?”

No comments:

Post a Comment