Friday, May 28, 2010

The Family Fude



One night Jim and I were floatin up a river on this old rickety raft. We started to here this swooshing noise and by god a steam boat was cumming our way. By jeeze we both jump into that water and swamm as fast as we could. I swamm as deep as I could to make sure I didn't get fetched in that wheel. I found myself back on top of the water yelling out, "Jim, you there!" But no answer. I swamm a bit before I get up on the shore of the otha side. I stumbled a pone a log cabin and this old tall man pionted out a gun asking me who I was. I thought to myself to not give him my real name. So I gave him a different name. After a few minutes I was welcomed in and they feed me and they changed my clothes with one's of their kids clothes. after the night of sleep, besides the “running for the bible and the note”, the father was telling me about a family feude. “I never herd such thing I say's." Well, the father lets me know whats it's bout and they and another family goes bout killing each other. There was one day were news came and the whip cracked. There daughter of the family left for the other families son. Boy that's what set the spark and the men on both sides started slinging lead every where. Young teenagers and men dying over this craziness. once night fell, I was a wondering out side on evening, an the families nigger lead my to this place filled with cotton mouths. I was just curious. So i walked with him through some swamppy area. But it didn't turn out to by cotton mouths. Boy that nigger slave lead me to Jim. And we were just peas in a pod again.

No comments:

Post a Comment